Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Taylor Building

turning your ideas into reality

Do you carry public and employers liability insurance?

We carry both public and employers liability insurance and all risks cover for all our projects.

You are advised to notify your current insurance company of the construction and to take out increased insurance to cover contents during the project. We are not able to offer contents cover for the duration of the build.

Planning Permission?

You will usually need to get Planning Permission if you are planning an extension that extends from the rear wall of your property more than 3m for a terraced property and 4m for a detached property or is within a conservation area. To confirm whether your property requires planning permission click here

Do you provide Party wall assistance?

We do not provide services regarding party wall agreement however we can always advise you as to whether one is required and the options that are available for you.

For further information and downloadable templates have a quick look at the following link here

What is your objective?

Our objective is to give you the best possible construction for the budget and time scale you are working to. We pride ourselves on our personal approach and flexible works schedule to accommodate changes and additional works you may wish to include in the project.

What if I want to make changes after the project has started?

We understand that plans can change during a build. Although we try to finalise the plans before starting a project, you can still make changes to the original plan and request additional works. Once we have discussed the changes you would like to make we will explain if there cost and time implications, if there are, then these will be carefully explained to you and set out either verbally or via e-mail.

Do you supply Building Regulations final certificate?

When constructing an extension or a new build, a set standard of quality must be adhered to. There are two requirements that must be met to ensure compliance: structural plans and a building control notice. We will include the cost of this in your quotation and liaise with Building Control surveyors to organise the necessary inspections and final certification upon completion of your works. The final Building Regulation certificate is useful especially should you sell your property in the future.

How is the waste disposed of during my project?

Skip permits are organised by the skip company for you. The cost of the permit varies depending on each local authority borough but its typically around £70.00 per 28 days. However if you have any parking restrictions the cost can rise to around £1100.00 per 28 days. In this instance we would recommend a wait and load service, whereby the waste is stacked within the front boundary of the property and then loaded into a waiting skip when enough waste has been accumulated. If you have a driveway upon which a skip can be placed there is no permit required. The cost of any required skip permit is excluded from any quotation.